- This scheme has been formulated for enhancing agricultural productivity especially in rainfed areas focusing on integrated farming, water use efficiency, soil health management and synergizing resource conservation.
- NMSA will cater to key dimensions of ‘Water use efficiency’, ‘Nutrient Management’ and ‘Livelihood diversification’
- To make agriculture more productive and sustainable
- To conserve natural resources soil and Water
- To adopt comprehensive soil health management practices based on soil fertility maps, soil test based application of macro & micro nutrients, judicious use of fertilizers etc.
- To optimize utilization of water resources means
‘more crop per drop’.
- To develop capacity of farmers
- To pilot models in select blocks for improving productivity of rainfed farming.
- Mission Strategy
- To achieve these objectives, NMSA will have following strategy:
- Promoting integrated farming system covering crops, livestock & fishery, plantation and pasture based farming for enhancing livelihood opportunities, ensuring food security and minimizing risks
- Popularizing resource conservation technologies
- Promoting effective management of available water resources and enhancing water use efficiency through application of technologies.
- Encouraging improved agronomic practices for higher farm productivity, improved soil treatment, increased water holding capacity, judicious use of agriculture chemicals.
- Creating database on soil resources through land use survey.
- Promoting location and crop specific integrated nutrient management practices for improving soil health, enhancing crop productivity and maintaining quality of land and water resources.
NMSA has following four (4) major programme components or activities:
- Rainfed Area Development (RAD):
- On Farm Water Management (OFWM):
- Soil Health Management (SHM):
- Climate Change and Sustainable Agriculture: Monitoring, Modeling and Networking (CCSAMMN):
National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)
- Cost Norms and Pattern of Assistance
- Rainfed Area Development (RAD)
- A (I). Sub Component: Integrated Farming System-
- Cropping system-
- Rice/ wheat based- 50% of input costs
- Coarse cereal based- 50% of input costs
- Oil-seed based- 50% of input costs
- Fibre based- 50% of input costs
- Pulse based- 50% of input costs
Value addition and Farm development activities-
- Horticulture Based farming system- 50% of input costs (Plantation +Crops/Cropping System)- 50% of input costs
- Livestock based farming system- 50% of input costs
- Fishery based farming system- 50% of input costs.
- Apiculture (Bee Keeping)- One unit per farm- 50% of input cost limited to Rs. 20,000/- per beneficiary.
- Silage making for increased availability of green fodder round the year- Construction of Silo Pit- 100% assistance limited to Rs. 1.25 lakh per farm family
- Green house & Low Tunnel/poly house- High value crops,Vegetables, Flower – 50% of input cost subject to a limit of: Tubular poly house limited to Rs. 10,00,000/- per beneficiary
Water Harvesting and Management-
- Water harvesting system for individuals- 50% of cost limited to Rs. 75000 for plain areas and Rs. 90000 for hilly areas.
- Water harvesting system for communities:- 100% of cost limited to Rs. 20 lakh /unit in plain areas, Rs. 25 lakh/unit in hilly areas)
- Construction of Tube wells/ Bore wells- 50 % of the total cost limited to 25000/ -per unit.
- Micro Irrigation-Drip Irrigation /Micro Sprinkler- 35% of the total cost for small & marginal farmers and 25% of actual cost for others
- Vermi compost Units- Construction of Vermi compost units- 50% of cost subject to a limit of Rs. 50,000/- per unit.
- Post harvest & Storage- Small village level Storage/ packaging/processing unit- 50% of capital cost subject to a limit of Rs. 2.0 lakh per Unit.
- Formation of Farmer Producers Organizations- Up to 2% of project cost
Soil Health Management
- Strengthening Of Soil Testing Laboratories
- 75% of the project cost, subject to a limit of Rs. 56 lakh, will be provided as subsidy for purchase of machinery & equipment, chemicals & glass wares, miscellaneous laboratory articles.
- In case of Mobile STLs, financial assistance from DAC shall be 75% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 56 lakh per Mobile STL.
- Setting up of mechanized Fruit/Vegetable market waste/ Agro waste compost production unit.- 100% Assistance to State Govt/Govt. Agencies upto a maximum limit of Rs. 190.00 lakh /unit and 33% of cost limited to Rs. 63 lakh/unit for individuals/private agencies.
- Setting up of State of liquid/ carrier based Biofertilizers/Biopesticides units- 100% Assistance to State Govt/Govt. Agencies upto a maximum limit of Rs. 160.00 lakhs /unit and 25% of cost limited to Rs. 40 lakhs/unit for individuals/private agencies.
Please follow us-